The Village of Downers Grove is seeking a Records Specialist to perform a variety of administrative and public service related duties, including internal and external customer service.
Major Duties and Functions:
– Provides customer service at the front desk, as well as over the phone
– Performs data entry and scanning for various procedures including traffic tickets, arrest charging documents, parking tickets, accident reports, and warrants
– Provides quality control to ensure accurate and complete paperwork. Works with police officers to make corrections to paperwork.
– Completes State and Internal reporting as needed, and assists other Police Department personnel with reporting
– Communicates with citizens through a variety of platforms
– Accepts, processes, and reports payments for various police functions including reports, fingerprinting, parking tickets, and administrative tows
– Enters and maintains all state mandated logs and documents related to the dispatch center’s LEADS activities
– Acts as liaison to the parking ticket system vendor
– Processes Freedom of Information Act Requests
– Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
– High level of customer service skills and experience
– Knowledge of basic arithmetic
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to show empathy when dealing with difficult situations
– Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment without a loss in detail, productivity, or quality
In addition to general office equipment and software, document management systems, staffing, the LEADS system, and other police department software will be used.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous experience in law enforcement and customer service experience preferred. A combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is also acceptable.
Licenses and Certifications:
LEADS, NIMS – Levels 100, 200 & 700, and FOIA Certifications are desirable, but may be obtained after hire.
Salary and Benefits: $46,564 – 64,025 annually.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications, but in most cases is no higher than the midpoint of the range. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
Interested applicants can apply online at https://villageofdownersgroveilemployees.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
Position open until filled.
The Village of Downers Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or for
assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at (630) 434-5500.
To apply for this job email your details to LLinares@downers.us