The Village of Downers Grove, IL is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide support to the Finance Department by assisting with the annual audit, annual preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report, preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciling general ledger accounts, and preparing general ledger entries to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements. Performs financial analysis and special projects as needed.
Major Duties and Functions:
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and all investment statements, preparing general ledger entries, maintaining the accuracy of the cash and investment logs
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports, including variance analysis
- Prepare various monthly account analyses
- Initiate and record debt service payments
- Reconciles, records, tracks and prepares schedules for the Village’s fixed assets
- Assists in the preparation of financial documents including the annual comprehensive financial report and audit workpapers
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget
- Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Knowledge of technical accounting procedures and practices
- Efficient in organizing work, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and working independently with minimal direction
- Completes tasks with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both oral and written
Technology Used: In addition to general office equipment and software, this position will require advanced use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Google Suites, OnBase, as well as use of other financial software.
Education and Experience: Minimum four years experience in technical accounting work, preferably some experience in government accounting. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA desirable.
Licenses and Certifications: CPA is desirable
Salary Range: $58,525 – $80,471 annually. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications, but in most cases is no higher than the midpoint of the range. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants can apply online https://il-downersgrove.civicplushrms.com/careers/
Position is open until filled.
The Village of Downers Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or for assistance, please contact the Human Resource Department at (630) 434-5500.
To apply for this job please visit il-downersgrove.civicplushrms.com.