The Village is accepting applications for a Staff Engineer I in the Public Works Department. A successful candidate understands engineering processes, proactively identifies and resolves problems, and is familiar with municipal infrastructure systems. The position provides assistance to the Stormwater Administrator on drainage and floodplain-related issues, assists with design and construction administration/inspection for capital infrastructure projects, and provides oversight of consultants and contractors.
Major Duties and Functions:
– Provides support on capital infrastructure projects including planning, estimating, surveying, preparing specifications and bid documents, construction administration and inspection, plan review and oversight of the Village’s consultants and contractors.
– Assists the Stormwater Administrator with regulatory programs, such as the NPDES-MS4, NFIP, CRS, etc.
– Responds to citizen inquiries and/or complaints regarding utilities, drainage, and construction work.
– Investigates drainage concerns and coordinates solutions with other staff members.
– Provides technical assistance to residents and businesses.
– Assists other Engineering staff members with additional duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
– Knowledge of Civil Engineering principles and practices.
– Skillful in using mathematics, algebra, trigonometry, and geometry.
– Knowledge of and the ability to use surveying equipment.
– Knowledge of construction project scheduling and accounting.
– Knowledge of reading and interpreting architectural and civil drawings and maps.
– Skillful in drafting and plan preparation.
– Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, particularly in the area of technical writing.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field, or any combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Must be available to work occasional weekend and evening hours, as assigned. A valid driver’s license and Engineering Intern certification are required. Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification is a plus, but is not required.
Salary Range: $67,400 – $92,675 annually. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications, but in most cases is no higher than the midpoint of the range. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants can apply online: https://il-downersgrove.civicplushrms.com/careers/
Position open until filled.
The Village of Downers Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at (630) 434-5500.
To apply for this job please visit il-downersgrove.civicplushrms.com.