Elk Grove Village, Illinois, (pop. 33,127), a strategically located, progressive community that is home to the largest consolidated business park in North America, is seeking dynamic, detail and customer service oriented candidates for the position of Director of Business Development & Marketing. Elk Grove Village is located in Cook and DuPage Counties adjacent to O’Hare International Airport, and is home to approximately 3,600 businesses located in its 5.4 square mile Business Park. The Village of Elk Grove Village has surpassed being “The Most Business Friendly Community in America” to now being “Beyond Business Friendly.”
The Director of Business Development & Marketing will lead the effort to establish a vision for the continued growth, enhancement, and redevelopment of the Village’s industrial and commercial areas through the development of a Community Revitalization Master plan. The ideal candidate will have record of success in business support, retention and recruitment and strong skills in developing relationships and partnerships. This candidate must work well independently and take a proactive approach to supporting the business community and advocating for the village’s interests.
• Responsible for developing and overseeing all business recruitment, attraction and retention efforts
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the Village
• Works closely and builds strong relationships with strategic partners, including real estate brokers, business owners and developers.
• Manages the Village’s Class 6B incentive application review process to attract high-quality developments and improvements that
revitalize the Business Park and benefit our overall tax base. This includes guiding businesses to meet expectations, analyzing
financials proformas, reviewing designs, and preparing reports and resolutions for the Village Board agenda.
• Creates marketing plans and oversees a large budget for marketing, economic development, business retention, attraction and
• Facilitates and guides redevelopment projects
• Develops and updates economic development materials as needed, including content for newsletters, email campaigns, and websites.
• Develops strategies to measure effectiveness of programs, activities, and operations
Education, Experience and Training:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, economics, public administration or urban planning is required. Master’s degree in business or public administration, urban planning or a related field is preferred. Equivalent combination of education, experience, certifications and training will be considered. 5 years of experience in business marketing, business development, and /or land use development is required. Experience in internet related marketing activities including email, websites and social media is strongly preferred.
SALARY RANGE: $120,000-164,000 (DOQ) HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours/week
OPENING DATE: Friday, November 18, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 16, 2022
Applicants must submit the online employment application at www.elkgrove.org by Friday, December 16, 2022 Attach your cover letter, resume, and references, as indicated. Proof may be required for qualifications. All other inquiries should be directed to the Office of Human Resources: 901 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village, Illinois, 60007.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (847) 357-4020
To apply for this job please visit www.elkgrove.org.