Elk Grove Village (population 33,127 with a daytime population near 100,000) is located in Cook and DuPage Counties adjacent to O’Hare International Airport. Elk Grove Village is home to the nation’s largest contiguous business park, with approximately 3,600 businesses calling the 5-square-mile park their home.
The Management Analyst: Human Resources/Benefits performs various administrative, professional, and technical human resources functions in the Office of Human Resources, ranging from routine to complex. The position’s primary function will be to coordinate the Village’s benefits program. The position will also function in the areas of compensation, recruitment, training, employee relations, and labor relations. The position provides exceptional customer service, responding to and interacting with Village officials, Department Heads, supervisors, employees, the general public, and/or others within and outside the village in a courteous, professional, and effective manner. This position is under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Assists active and retired employees with benefits administration, forms, claims, and changes.
• Coordinates the annual open enrollment and other benefit enrollment periods.
• Researches, compiles, analyzes, and prepares reports and spreadsheets related to various human resources functions and programs
• Assists in various HR functions including but not limited to compensation, employee relations, job descriptions, recruitment, training, and explaining policies.
• Plans and coordinates employee orientations, exit interviews, and retirement orientations.
• Manages reports, eligibility files, billing and serves as the primary contact for third-party benefit plan vendors.
• Supports the Elk Grove Fire and Police Commission with testing, hiring, promotions, and discipline.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Public, Business Administration, or Human Resources is required. A master’s degree in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred. At least one (1) to two (2) years of experience in business administration, public administration, human resources management, and/or benefits Administration experience is required. Salary will be determined depending on qualifications, experience, and education.
Proficiency in software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing is required.
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 Hours per week/Exempt SALARY RANGE: $55,000.14 – $97,000.02
OPENING DATE: 01/03/2023 CLOSING DATE: 01/24/2023
To Apply: click the blue “Apply Now” button at the top of the page. Applications of employment are due by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, January 24, 2023. Please attach your resume, cover letter, and references, as indicated. All other inquiries should be directed to: The Office of Human Resources, 901 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village, Illinois, 60007.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 847-357-4020