Elk Grove Village (population 33,127 with a daytime population near 100,000) is located in Cook and DuPage Counties adjacent to O’Hare International Airport. Elk Grove Village is home to the nation’s largest contiguous business park, with approximately 3,600 businesses calling the 5-square-mile park their home.
The Network Engineer is a senior-level position responsible for the integrity, reliability and security of the Village’s technology infrastructure and providing advanced technical support for complex issues in the environment. This key position will be part of a team managing and maintaining the Village’s Active Directory, Microsoft 365, virtualization environment, LAN/ WAN/ High-Speed radio network, Firewall/ Network security, server, storage, and VoIP infrastructures as well as supporting all hardware and software within the Village. The position will also assist with the installation, configuration, and support of personal computers, printers, peripherals, mobile devices, and software applications used in conjunction with its local and wide-area networks as needed.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Designs, configures, maintains and supports the Village’s core network infrastructure, including Cisco switching, wireless and routing, HP Servers and SANs, and VMWare environments.
• Monitors Village security architecture and applications for vulnerabilities, threats, intrusions and incident response. Ensure data protection, backups and disaster recovery methods are in place and functioning correctly.
• Administers, maintains, and supports all aspects of the Village’s Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange 365 email.
• Systems design and development methodologies, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation, and operational management.
• Information Technology operations, operating systems, systems security, computer networking, enterprise resource planning system (ERP), business applications, databases, web/internet technologies, telecommunications, hardware, software, data storage, process development, design, and administration.
• Methods, practices, and procedures for analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving computer-related problems.
Education, Experience, and Training:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or a closely related field is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting multi-site LAN/WAN/Wireless networks and multi-site virtualized environment is required. An equivalent combination of education, experience, certifications, and/or training will be considered. Significant experience with computer hardware and software installation and support is required. Project management experience is strongly preferred. Local government experience is preferred.
Proficiency in software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing is required.
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 Hours per week/Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $95,000.10 -$132.000.18 (DOQ)
OPENING DATE: 01/03/2023 CLOSING DATE: 01/24/2023
To Apply: click the blue “Apply Now” button at the top of the page. Employment applications are due by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, January 24, 2023. Please attach your resume, cover letter, and references, as indicated. All other inquiries should be directed to: The Office of Human Resources, 901 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village, Illinois, 60007.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 847-357-4020