The Village of Glen Ellyn is a dynamic and vibrant community seeking experienced, creative, team-oriented, and collaborative candidates to apply for the position of full-time Human Resources Generalist. The Village of Glen Ellyn is located 20 miles west of Chicago in DuPage County. It is recognized as one of the area’s premier communities with an excellent library, park district, top-rated schools, and home to the College of DuPage. The Village strikes a balance between beautiful neighborhoods, open space, and strong commercial activity, including a historic downtown that offers an eclectic mix of restaurants and specialty boutiques.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for implementing and monitoring a variety of human resources programs, including but not limited to: responsible for coordinating and administering the day-to-day professional and technical human resource function, including employee and retiree benefits, recruitment, and unemployment. Exceptional customer service, time management, and teamwork are paramount. The ideal candidate has a passion for human resources, evaluating procedures, and implementing improvements. Work requires the exercise of initiative, integrity, and discretion. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
• Oversees the administration of provided Village benefits to employees and retirees regarding insurance options; and acts as a resource for employees regarding insurance, including contact with the insurance company on behalf of the employee and retirees.
• Processes enrollment and/or change forms for Health, Dental, Prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, and deferred compensation program, among other voluntary benefits
• and other leave programs.
• Maintains employee personnel and medical files.
• Assists with updating, maintaining, and interpreting policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreement language.
• Administers the exit process for resignations, retirements, and terminations and administers COBRA.
• Assists with updating the employee intranet to keep forms and information current.
• Administers the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
• Posts available Village and GWA positions on a variety of websites
• Receives and reviews job applications to be sent to Department Directors,
• Assembles interview teams, schedules interviews, and prepares packets for interviews
• Prepares offer letters to candidates for Human Resources Director
• Coordinates with job candidates regarding the hiring process
• Coordinates pre-placement medical exams and coordinate background checks for potential new hires
• Assembles seasonal, part-time, and full-time orientation packets
• Conducts new employee orientation meetings
• Administers and processes new hire paperwork
• Maintains and processes accurate and complete HR and employee records
• Selects relevant data and compile HR reports, including statistical summaries, charts, graphs, and surveys, as directed by the Human Resources Director
• Responds in a timely and professional manner to internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests and provides assistance to the Human Resources Director as needed. Examples may include employment verification requests, changes to employee personnel information, responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, subpoenas, and Personal Records Review Act (PRRA) requests
• Performs functions associated with administering the Family Medical Leave Act, unemployment report, bi-annual EEO4 reports, and IDOT random drug and alcohol testing
• Maintains human resources and risk management-related files and documentation, including personnel files and I-9s.
• Assists the Human Resources Director with the annual Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reporting.
• Ensures compliance with various state and federal employment, labor, and safety laws; keeps apprised of legislative changes that impact local government employers
• Assists the Human Resource Director with a variety of human resource projects.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned
• 60 hours completed at an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum of three to five years of Human Resource experience, preferably in a government setting.
• Knowledge of Human Resource functions, including benefits administration, recruitment and retention practices, employee compensation, employee training programs, etc.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized; ideal candidates are self-starters with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, agencies, other governmental units, and the public using strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and implement Village policies and procedures, written instructions, and general correspondence; Federal, State, Village, and local regulations; and demonstrate the ability to complete assignments accurately and within established deadlines.
• Must possess a high level of professional integrity, have a team orientation and treat others with respect.
• The ability to effectively operate customary office equipment, such as computers, Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and related Windows-based software programs; previous experience with electronic records management/archival systems is a plus.
• A valid Driver’s license
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The salary for this full-time, non-exempt position is $52,526 – $79,827, with a full range of benefits offered. Anticipated starting salary is +/- $65,000. Actual starting pay will be dependent upon qualifications, experience, and professional achievement.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application (click here) to email@example.com. Hard copies (faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered) of resumes will be declined.
2. Applicants must indicate (Job ID: #07-23 HR Generalist) in the subject line of the e-mail.
3. The selected finalist will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference check, and post-offer medical physical with a drug screening.
4. The position is open until filled; however, first review of resumes will begin March 27, 2023. Candidates requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact Human Resources at 630-469-5000.
THE VILLAGE OF GLEN ELLYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org