The Assistant Village Manager for Development reports to the Village Manager with the following Responsibilities, Experience, Skills and Compensation.
• Manage the Development Process, working with the Village’s outsourced Building Department (Safebuilt) and
• Manage annexations, subdivisions, special uses, variances, rezoning, and zoning code text amendments by working
with outside counsel and the Planning & Zoning Commission.
• Manage and Update the Village Comprehensive Plan.
• Attend and provide Staff Support to the Planning & Zoning Commission.
• Manage Code Enforcement through Safebuilt using their proprietary software Community Core.
• Provide Monthly Building Permit Reports to the Village Board.
• Work with the Public Relations Committee and Business Development Commission.
• Manage the My Hampshire App by Tyler, assigning resident issues directly to the proper department and personnel.
• Manage the Village Capital Plan for Buildings, Infrastructure, and Equipment.
• Maintain the Village’s Development Landing Page on the Village Website, including available properties.
• Assist the Village Manager in preparation of the Village Board Agendas and Packets.
• Acts as Deputy Clerk in the Clerk’s Absence.
• Work with Department Heads to Map and Improve Process Flows and Work Flows aimed at improved efficiencies.
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 to 95,000, depending on Qualifications.
• A bachelors degree in a field related to local government management, including but not limited to
Public Administration, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Political Science, Economics, Communications, or
• Completion of a Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) or a related advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Three (3) to four (4) years of professional experience in local government Administration, Building or
Development or a related area is required, including specific experience with development processes and
• Good command of written and verbal communication, basic math, organizational knowledge, time-management and
general computer skills; Adobe, Word, Excel, Graphic Software.
• Well-qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate experience in research, preparing reports and
presentations, working effectively in groups, and independently completing projects.
• This position also requires a great deal of discretion and compassion.
For more information, contact: