Our Village Clerk is retiring!
Top of Village Clerk Salary Range is: $86,724
Will compensate a highly qualified candidate with a very competitive, attractive starting salary.
The Village of Hinsdale is seeking a collaborative professional to serve as our next Village Clerk.
The Village Clerk performs administrative and professional work to carry out duties as determined by statute, or designated in the Hinsdale Village code or by DuPage County, Cook County and/or the State of Illinois – such as:
1. Attends all regular and special meetings of the Village Board, including Committee of the Whole and closed sessions, provide follow-up on Board actions, and prepare minutes of all proceedings.
2. Attends all meetings of the Zoning Board of Appeals, writes minutes of Board proceedings, and provides all administrative processing of applications, including legal notices, and record keeping for all cases.
3. Prepares, coordinates and posts to the Village website all Village Board, Commission and Committee meeting agendas, packets and minutes.
4. Acts as custodian of the Village seal and shall sign and affix the Village seal to all ordinances and resolutions passed by the Village Board. Executes and signs all ordinances and resolutions, and other documents when so requested. Publishes, records, and copies all ordinances and resolutions as required by the statutes of Illinois and the ordinances of the Village. Keeps records of all ordinances adopted in numerical order and keeps an index of the same.
5. Signs and attests to all official actions. Administers Oaths of Office to Board and Commission members, as well as new Police and Fire personnel.
6. Prepares all public notifications as required by law. Sets annual meeting calendar for all Village Boards and Commissions, and maintains the Village website meeting calendar to ensure compliance with the Open Meetings Act.
7. Maintains the official Village Code: updating with new ordinances; distributes updates as approved. Coordinates codification and printing as needed.
8. Provides customer service to inquiries including voter registry, block parties, Freedom of Information requests, meeting process, and liquor licensing.
9. Prepares and forwards the distribution list to DuPage County, Cook County and Secretary of State for the filing of Statement of Economic Interests.
10. Serves as Local Election Official. Publishes notices for filing, accepts petitions, and certifies ballot to the DuPage and Cook County Clerks. Coordinates early voting at Village Hall, and serves as a voter registrar.
Interested in learning more? Please visit: https://www.villageofhinsdale.org/departments/human_resources/employment_opportunities.php
for a complete job description.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.villageofhinsdale.org.