The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of planning, coordination, and execution of a variety of special events and Farmer’s Market activities for the Village of Huntley. The duties of this position are multi-faceted and require the ability to strategically coordinate events and functions involving the Village, which are both internal to the Village and of a community wide nature.
Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the scheduling demands of special events and daily work responsibilities. The Huntley outdoor Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday during the months of May through October. During this time, the work week for this position is Tuesday through Saturday. This position is expected to split work time between the office environment, performing related administrative duties, in the field duties, and serving as the primary point of contact during events.
Examples of Duties:
• Responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating Farmer’s Market, special events, programs, festivals, and activities for citizens of all ages; serve as liaison between the Village and local businesses and community partners during events.
• Develop and maintain the Village’s calendar of special events; research and evaluate local entertainment options for booking; annually present special events calendar to Village Board for approval.
• Work with Village elected officials, departments and community partners to coordinate the set-up, onsite needs, and other arrangements for various events.
• Interface with Farmer’s Market vendors; oversee market day activities; process vendor applications and associated fees.
• Provide administrative and technical work as is necessary, including, but not limited to, pre-event planning, promotion of events, “day of” on-site logistics, maintaining records and files, and post event accounting and analysis for future improvements.
• Work cooperatively to achieve goals in the area of program development, community engagement/outreach and external partnerships.
• Initiate, respond to, and maintain direct contact with vendors, sponsors, businesses, governmental agencies, and members of the general public in the pre-planning, execution and post-planning of all events involving the services or facilities of the Village of Huntley.
• Serve as a member of the Village’s communication team to assist with the writing, design, editing and dissemination of communication materials including print, digital and social media content.
• Coordinate marketing efforts with Village Departments, local businesses and community partners related to special events.
• Communicate with residents and businesses regarding potential impact of events.
• Review event applications and supporting documents submitted by organizations for completeness, appropriateness and adherence to Village requirements, and orders revisions where necessary.
• Coordinate and lead meetings to review special event logistics with appropriate entities.
• Prepare annual budget and monitor expenditures for special event programing and Farmer’s Market activities.
• Responsible for executing and managing contracts, policies and procedures as they relate to community events.
• Seek partnerships and maintain existing partner relationships to allow for the sharing of resources.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public or Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or a related field; minimum of two years of related experience in event management and planning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; familiarity with the Village of Huntley and local events preferred.
The successful candidate must have strong organization skills, the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy/attention to detail, and the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, is key in this position. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, confidence in decision making, and the ability to provide clear direction to staff and volunteers.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.