Consider using your technical skills and knowledge to move your career to the next level. This is a staff level position with ample opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual.
This is a unique opportunity to build on what you already know. Requires someone who is able to work independently, make decisions and meet deadlines. Although you will work mostly without direct supervision, the organization has a very strong team environment. You are expected to bring strong interpersonal and customer services skills in order to well the organization as well as the community.
The Technology Specialist reports to the Management Services Director who right now also served as the Technology Director. The Technology Specialist will have primary responsibility for managing computer operations and technical systems for all Village Departments. Home office is located at Village Hall in downtown Lake Zurich, but will require occasional local travel within the Village to other sites as needed.
A contracted technical staff is on site one day per week who are responsible for day-to-day desktop operations. The Technology Specialist serves as a technical support advisor and business partner and works closely under the direction of the Management Services Director.
Position Overview (complete job description is available at https://LakeZurich.org/Jobs
• Assists in managing daily operations, implementation of performance enhancement projects, new systems and programs, preparation of status reports and impromptu training end users.
• Maintains working relationships with vendors and third-party providers, ensuring contracts are kept up to date and cost maintenance strategies are assessed and analyzed on a periodic basis.
• Facilitates the broadcast and recording of Village meetings including maintenance and appropriate equipment upgrades.
• Provide after-hours support as needed.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field, with three (3) or more years in systems analysis and computer operations.
• Experience with or knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft virtualization, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance monitoring and cybersecurity.
• Experience with implementing and managing cloud-based applications.
• Understanding of network technologies and configuration of networking equipment from various vendors in a wired and wireless environment.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of system designs, development, program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
• Skill in multi-tasking, communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with village officials, coworkers, staff, the public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Compensation and Benefits:
The hiring range is between $60,000 – $75,000 DOQ. This is a full time, exempt position. The Village offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, medical, dental, and vision coverage (all also available to dependents), life insurance, flexible spending account and voluntary participation in a deferred compensation program. Also includes a generous paid time-off package as well as participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement System (IMRF).
For more information, visit https://LakeZurich.org/jobs
To be considered submit your resume to – email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit lakezurich.org.