The Village of Lincolnshire is accepting applications for the position of Records Clerk for the Police Department. Lincolnshire offers a professional environment of learning, friendship, and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities: Clerks provide administrative support in the Records Division within the Village of Lincolnshire’s Police Department using independent judgment to carry out daily tasks. Specific job duties vary based on Department need and include the ability to work effectively alone as well as a cooperative team member.
• Process confidential law enforcement records pertaining to arrests, tickets, complaint reports, warrants, crash reports, and other materials and documents.
• Interact with the public to deliver quality customer service, including face-to-face contact, phones calls, emails, letters, etc.
• Process payments, fines, and fees from the public.
• Review and ensure all police reports are processed with a high degree of accuracy, and in a timely manner.
• Receive and responds to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, as well as requests from attorneys, and other agencies.
• Conduct redactions for videos, audio, and reports.
• Compile, produce, and distribute monthly statistical data for the Police Department and State of Illinois.
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) with two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Municipal experience preferred but not required.
Salary Range: The salary for this position is $51,170 +/- dependent upon qualifications.
The Village offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off; medical, dental, and life insurance; and membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). Residency is not required.
Work schedule/hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours could vary depending on circumstances. No remote work is possible.
Agency Contact: Please send a completed job application, resume, and cover letter to Leslie Cole, Village of Lincolnshire, 1 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, or email@example.com. Lincolnshire is an equal-opportunity employer.
Deadline: The position is open until filled.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.lincolnshireil.gov.