Village of Lincolnwood
The Village of Lincolnwood, Illinois (13,483 – 2020 census) is excited to announce a unique employment opportunity as a Building Inspector for the Community Development Department. The Village is offering a competitive salary, based on qualifications and experience, along with the opportunity for the successful candidate to receive a $5,000 bonus after one year of employment and completion of at least two additional certifications from the International Code Council (ICC). The Village is looking for an individual who is looking to be the first in-house Building Inspector for the community in over a decade to join a dedicated team of staff with Community Development and the Village.
The Village is looking for the most qualified person to fulfill this role. To this end, the Village has posted both the position of Building Inspector I and Building Inspector II concurrently. The successful candidate will be hired as either Building Inspector I or Building Inspector II based on their qualifications, years of experience, and abilities to perform the duties of the position. The full compensation range for the position is below, but it is anticipated that the Building Inspector I would start at approximately $81,427 (DOQ) and Building Inspector II would start at approximately $89,570.
The Village of Lincolnwood is a diverse home-rule municipality directly north of the City of Chicago consisting of 2.7 square miles, with a unique blend of residential, commercial, and industrial areas. The Village is seeking an individual with background and experience in building regulations and Codes to serve as the Village’s Building Inspector I or Building Inspector II. Excellent oral/written communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment is required.
This position serves under the direction of the Building Official. The position’s responsibilities include:
• Performs inspections of residential and commercial buildings to ensure compliance with the adopted building codes, federal and state codes and regulations and Village ordinances pertaining to electrical, mechanical, and structural work and including accessibility and zoning requirements.
• Performs plan reviews for small, medium to larger sized permit submittals on a multitude of projects.
• Advises property owners, contractors, builders and licensed design professionals regarding the code requirements and standards to help resolve problems or concerns.
• Coordinates with contractors and utility companies when scheduled work may interrupt services in the community.
• Issues notices of violations, stop work orders, warnings, and citations for non-compliance concerns. Testifies in adjudication when required.
• Prepares detailed documentation for project and general inspection status, writes daily reports, incident reports and inspection logs and notices.
The position requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) supplemented by experience between five and 10 years. Building Inspector I applicants must obtain ICC Residential Electrical Inspector and Commercial Electrical certifications within one year of employment. The minimum qualifications for Building Inspector II include certification as an ICC Residential Electrical Inspector and Commercial Electrical Inspector with at least two other ICC certifications. Within one year of starting, certification as an ICC Residential or Commercial Electrical Plans Examiner, ICC Residential or Commercial Mechanical Inspector or plans examiner, ICC Residential or Commercial Building Inspector or plans examiner or approved alternatives are required.
The salary range for this Building Inspector I is $69,300 and $93,555 and between $76,230 to $102,911 for Building Inspector II. This position is classified as a full-time, non-exempt, non-union position. The Village provides a comprehensive benefit packaging including medical, dental, and life insurance, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Pension, ICMA-RC retirement plans, paid sick, vacation, and holiday time, Flex 125 plan, and more.
Please apply at www.lincolnwoodil.org/employment. The Village may begin reviewing applicants and conducting interviews as applications are received. If you have any questions, please contact Lamar Jones, Assistant to the Village Manager, at (847) 745-4711 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com