Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Strategist Opening
The Village of McFarland has an immediate opening for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Strategist position. The DEI Strategist is a new position which will be responsible for the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Village of McFarland as an organization and a community. This will be accomplished through:
• Project management;
• Application of best practices;
• Preparation of goals;
• Policy research;
• Program and event development;
• Resource collaboration;
• Building of a training program; and,
• Stakeholder engagement in and around the Village.
The qualified candidate will possess the following education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Psychology, Communications, Public Relations, Education, or a related field.
• Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience in building partnerships with diverse stakeholders in a responsible role advancing social justice and racial equity.
• Experience in DEI, environmental justice, tribal affairs, or related role for an organization in government, non-profit, or the private sector.
• Experience in project management, strategic planning, and research with a demonstrated ability in identifying and implementing solutions.
• Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Certified Diversity Executive (CDE) or Cornell Certified Diversity Professional (CCDP) or other related diversity certification is a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience which in the sole discretion of the Village would demonstrate the ability to meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the position may also be considered.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position with a starting annual pay range of $65,999 to $83,650 (depending on qualifications) with an excellent benefit package, including health insurance, participation in Wisconsin Retirement System, ample paid time off and much more.
Full position description and application can be found at www.mcfarland.wi.us/employment. Application deadline is November 26, 2023 at 4:00 pm.
The Village is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, contact: