Village of Northbrook
The Village of Northbrook, Illinois (population 35,222), is a thriving, progressive community strategically located 25 miles north of Chicago. Home to several corporate headquarters, a charming downtown, and several public transit resources, Northbrook is a prosperous village with a small-town feel. A family-oriented community, residents enjoy a variety of events and recreational opportunities, parks and natural areas, dining and retail choices, and high quality municipal services. Northbrook has a diverse blend of rich history and strong civic-minded leadership, making it a wonderful place to live, work, and play.
The Village of Northbrook is hiring an Engineer Intern in the Public Works Department. The Engineer Intern performs semi-professional engineering work, such as assisting with surveying, inspections, calculations, technical drafting and graphics, preparing various engineering documents, data verification, as well as minor office work and assistance with inspectors, as directed by the Village Engineer. Essential duties and responsibilities included, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assisting in surveying and data collection, ability to perform simple research including performing engineering calculations and field measurements.
• Assisting with filing, records, drafting and assorted documentation.
• Performing simple engineering inspections on underground utility installations and driveway, sidewalk or other pavement related improvements.
• Assisting in drafting detailed construction drawings, graphs, charts and exhibits as directed. Drafts topographical profiles, related maps and specifications sheets used in planning and construction of roads, sidewalks, flood control, drainage and other civil engineering projects.
• Assisting in the plotting of maps and charts showing profiles and cross sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to building, retaining walls, overhead power lines and other structures.
This position requires a High School diploma or general education degree (GED), supplemented by college level coursework in engineering or a related field. Qualified candidates must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, to work independently and efficiently, and to exercise considerable initiative. The hourly rate for this position is $17.00. Working hours will be approximately 40 hours per week.
In order to be considered for this position, applications and resumes must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Engineering Intern in the subject field. The application form can be found at https://www.northbrook.il.us/application. Application materials will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com