Village of Northbrook
The Village of Northbrook, Illinois (population 35,222), is a thriving, progressive community strategically located 25 miles north of Chicago. Home to several corporate headquarters, a charming downtown, and several public transit resources, Northbrook is a prosperous village with a small-town feel. A family-oriented community, residents enjoy a variety of events and recreational opportunities, parks and natural areas, dining and retail choices, and high quality municipal services. Northbrook has a diverse blend of rich history and strong civic-minded leadership, making it a wonderful place to live, work, and play.
The Village of Northbrook is hiring a Management Intern in the Village Manager’s Office. The position will provide project management and administrative support to the Village Manager’s Office. Essential duties and responsibilities included, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conducting research and detailed program analysis and developing recommendations based on best practices and industry needs.
• Drafting staff reports and presentations for senior management.
• Providing exceptional customer service by responding to internal and external customers’ requests for information and assistance.
• Assisting in planning and hosting Village-sponsored special events.
• Participating in assembly of external communications including print newsletter, e-newsletter, and social media posts.
• Performing routine administrative tasks in support of the Department’s daily functions.
• Representing the Village in various situations involving community groups, intergovernmental bodies, or associations and serving as staff liaison to various Village commissions as assigned.
This position requires a High School diploma or general education degree (GED), supplemented by college level coursework in public administration or a related field. Qualified candidates must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, to work independently and efficiently, and to exercise considerable initiative. The hourly rate for this position is $17.00. Work hours will be set based on availability totaling 10-20 hours per week.
In order to be considered for this position, resumes must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Management Intern in the subject field. Resumes will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com