River Forest, IL (11,717) – The Village of River Forest is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Full Time Water Operator. Under the direction of the Superintendent of Public Works, this position is assigned to the Public Works Operations Division and works closely with the Utility Billing Clerk and the Maintenance Team. This position is represented by I.U.O.E. Local 150.
The Water Operator participates in all phases of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled labor while operating, maintaining, repairing, improving, and/or constructing Village infrastructure, properties, facilities, and Right-of-Way. Employees are expected to learn and gain knowledge of Public Works Operations (including Water Operations requiring Class “C” Water Operator’s License) through considerable seasoning, training, and practical experience. Assignments are general and require the use of judgment in their execution. The ability to occasionally exercise lead work responsibilities over less-experienced employees may be required. The Water Operator operates a wide range of vehicles, equipment, and tools safely and conscientiously, and performs tasks following instructions according to Village-wide and Departmental policies and procedures to prevent accidents and ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
In addition, the Village seeks an individual who has demonstrated the ability to provide excellent customer service, communicate clearly, establish and maintain a positive attitude and effective working relationships, perform accurate work and exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
Successful applicants for positions in this class must possess:
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Significant experience in Public Works construction and maintenance-related activities
• Possess current and valid Illinois driver’s license with the proper CDL (Class “B”) with air brakes endorsement, or ability to obtain within three (3) months; and
• Possess valid Illinois Class “C” Water Operator’s license, or ability to obtain within one (1) year; and
• Proven safe driving record; and
• Ability to respond to emergencies outside of normal working hours; and
• Successfully complete/pass work-related pre employment physical examination, health history, and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing;
The salary range for this full-time, non-exempt position is $59,841.60 – $75,566.40 DOQ plus excellent benefits. Hours are generally 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Trish Ivansek at firstname.lastname@example.org or (708) 714-3554. Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references via email to email@example.com. Applications are available at www.vrf.us/careers or the Village Hall (400 Park Avenue, River Forest). The selected individual will be required to pass a background check, driving record check, and drug screen. Position is open until filled. The Village of River Forest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org