NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Maintenance Assistant – Landscape Division (Engineering & Public Works) part-time
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $19.29 – $21.46 per hour working up to 19 hours per week. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $19.29 – $27.98.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position usually performs manual work of an unskilled nature. Work consists of assisting staff in the maintenance and repair of Village infrastructure, buildings, grounds and facilities. This position may also perform semi-skilled mechanical labor, custodial work, and operating a vehicle.
To succeed in this role applicants will need to effectively communicate to people inside and outside the organization and demonstrate self-awareness. We are looking for a team member that can prioritize requests and responsibilities with accuracy and in safety.
1. Performs a variety of routine unskilled manual tasks, uses simple tools and carries and wheels heavy material as required.
2. Performs minor maintenance and custodial work in the care of Village owned buildings, grounds, and facilities.
3. Performs shop and yard clean-up and organization. Is responsible for the arrangement, location and proper operation of job-related tools and equipment in the shop/yard environment.
4. Drives a 58,000-pound GVWR truck hauling gravel, fill, or other material or plowing snow, services trucks and other equipment.
5. Performs Snow and Ice control duties and assists in emergencies such as floods and wind or rainstorms.
6. Assists in processing and filling material requests and distributions of both fleet and public works related material.
7. Thorough knowledge of the Department’s Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Practices.
8. Keeps accurate records of accomplishments.
9. Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
2. A minimum of six months of general maintenance or related experience.
3. Possession of a valid State of Illinois Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or ability to obtain within twelve months from date of hire.
4. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
Part-Time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, contact: