NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Technician (Cultural Services) part-time
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $19.29 – $21.46 per hour working up to 19 hours per week. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $19.29 – $27.98.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position provides support related to the implementation of building’s technical requirements pertaining to all rehearsals, productions, events, and exhibits presented at the Prairie Center for the Arts. Must be available to work a minimum of ten hours in any three-month period, unless advanced notice of a planned, extended absence is provided and approved by his/her supervisor.
To succeed in this role, applicants will need to effectively and clearly communicate to a full range of people and be able to work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals.
1. Sets up and operated technical and related equipment for rehearsals and performance as necessary.
2. Assist and support back-of-house for talent needs and requests by rental clients.
3. Performs building attendant role during Youth Programming rehearsals and rental events.
4. Assists in maintenance of building’s technical equipment.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
2. A minimum of six months of experience in sound, lighting and/or set construction.
3. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
4. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, and job specific software preferred or within the first six months of employment.
Part-Time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.schaumburg.com.