NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Summer Laborer (Engineering & Public Works) summer with an online application deadline of 03/31/2023.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
PAY RATE: $18.00 per hour based on a 40-hour workweek.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position performs unskilled labor. Position is for the summer months typically based on a 40-hour work week.
We are looking to add a team member with the ability to establish good working relationships.
1. Performs a variety of routine unskilled manual tasks, uses simple tools and carries and wheels heavy material as required.
2. Performs minor maintenance and custodial work in the care of Village owned buildings, grounds, and facilities.
3. Performs shop and yard clean-up and organization. Is responsible for the arrangement, location and proper operation of job-related tools and equipment in the shop/yard environment.
4. Keeps accurate records of accomplishments.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
2. Working knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
3. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
4. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
Temporary employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.schaumburg.com.