NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Management Analyst (Community Development)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $69,532.00 – $85,179.00 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $69,532.00 – $100,825.00.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position is assigned administrative and management work designed to provide professional support to the division managers, Assistant Director, and Director. These assigned responsibilities will aid the department personnel in the development and ongoing administration of a variety of village programs and services, and in the management of related administrative functions as well as assist in the planning and/or execution of the administrative operations thus freeing top management for more in depth and specialized work. This position will include a strong focus on data analytic initiatives.
The position will play a key role in implementation of a new permitting/licensing software system, including mapping existing processes, collaborating about process improvements, and creating core elements of the system. Work assignments range from very specific and involved to very general responsibilities and are normally performed under minimal supervision and are subject to assessment through reports, conferences, and observation or results obtained. Assigned projects can include unique situations that arise in the village, sensitive or confidential issues, potential changes in village policies, or large scale projects which require interdepartmental cooperation and coordination. This position assumes responsibility for assigned projects and will be required to analyze different approaches to projects and make recommendations and/or decisions on how to address and manage the project and related problems. Additional responsibilities may also include, assisting with or resolving resident complaints, and the preparation of materials for the village president, board of trustees, or advisory bodies of the village as directed.
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people, be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others, and manage and prioritize multiple projects with thoroughness and accuracy. We are looking to add a team member motivated by success, someone capable of working towards achieving higher results and improved performance, and have the ability to shift gears comfortably.
May be eligible for flexible schedule/hybrid work options.
1. Develops, coordinates, and/or administers special projects or initiatives at the direction of division managers, Assistant Director, or Director, with little or no supervision. In the performance of these duties, the position is expected to make decisions on the best course of action.
2. Conducts organizational and procedural analyses utilizing field investigation and analytical techniques within the position’s discretion to identify, develop and implement practices, programs, policies and procedures, and any other factors affecting service delivery.
3. Creates reports for various data analytic indicatives to assist with monitoring and evaluating of department procedures and programs.
4. Designs systems and procedures within the position’s discretion and expertise to increase effectiveness, efficiency and economy of work processes, policy determination and management decision-making. Acts in the capacity of project lead for special projects, including meeting facilitation and coordination among employees both within and outside of the department.
5. Tracks and reports on Key Performance Indicators.
6. Conducts long and short-range research studies to assist management decision-making and develops recommendations regarding new and/or modified programs.
7. Conducts timely reviews of the Village of Schaumburg Code of Ordinances and makes recommendations for changes. Works in concert with designated staff to bring applicable changes to advisory bodies, standing committees, and ultimately to the village board for adoption.
8. Conducts surveys on behalf of the village as well as responds to requests from other agencies and organizations.
9. Manages and coordinates inspections related to the multifamily inspection program, including assigning handling communication with property managers and coordinating inspection scheduling among various divisions within the department.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in public administration, urban planning, or closely related field.
2. A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position, which shall have been at the level of administrative or management intern or higher.
3. Proficient with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more..
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.schaumburg.com.