NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Management Analyst (Finance)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $69,532.00 – $77,356.00 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $69,532.00 – $100,825.00
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position is assigned administrative and management work designed to provide professional support to both the Assistant Director and Director. These assigned responsibilities will aid the department personnel in the development and ongoing administration of a variety of village programs and services, and in the management of related administrative functions as well as assist in the planning and/or execution of the administrative operations thus freeing top management for more in depth and specialized work. This position will include a strong focus on financial analyses and data analytic initiatives.
Work assignments range from very specific and involved to very general responsibilities and are normally performed under minimal supervision and are subject to assessment through reports, conferences, and observation or results obtained. Assigned projects can include unique situations that arise in the village, sensitive or confidential issues, potential changes in village policies, or large-scale projects which require interdepartmental cooperation and coordination. This position assumes responsibility for assigned projects and will be required to analyze different approaches to projects and make recommendations and/or decisions on how to address and manage the project and related problems. Additional responsibilities may also include, duties related to developing strong relationships with representatives at village businesses and preparation of material for the Village President, Board of Trustees, and Village Management.
We are looking to add a team member capable of prioritizing multiple projects, problem solve efficiently, and concentrate efforts on the more important priorities. To be successful in this role, an individual will need to shift gears comfortably.
1. Develops, coordinates, and/or administers special projects or initiatives at the direction of the Assistant Director or Director, with little or no supervision. In the performance of these duties, the position is expected to make decisions on the best course of action.
2. Conducts organizational and procedural analyses utilizing field investigation and analytical techniques within the position’s discretion to identify, develop and implement practices, programs, policies and procedures, and any other factors affecting service delivery.
3. Conducts long and short-range research studies to assist management decision-making and develops recommendations regarding new and/or modified financial forecasting.
4. Designs systems and procedures within the position’s discretion and expertise to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and economy of work processes, policy determination, and management decision-making.
5. Responsible for timely completion of monthly reports. Tracks and reports on Key Performance Indicators.
6. Responsible for assisting the budget preparation. This includes but not limited to note taking, compiling salary and benefits, forecasting revenue and expenses, tracking new project and position changes and creating budget materials such as appendixes and schedules.
7. Responsible for maintaining and updating fund forecast models at the direction of management including spotting any shortfalls in debt obligation payments and ensuring funds have adequate funding to carry out operations.
8. Conducts long and short-range research studies to assist management decision-making and develops recommendations regarding new and/or modified programs.
9. Conducts timely reviews of the Financial Policies and Protocols and makes recommendations for change. Works in concert with designated staff to bring applicable changes to advisory bodies, standing committees, and ultimately to the Village Board for adoption.
10. Manages and coordinates the village’s online competitive purchasing platform.
11. Researches, analyzes, and compiles information for legislative initiatives as they arise.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in Public Administration, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field.
2. A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position in local government administration, which shall have been at the level of administrative or management intern or higher.
3. Proficient with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.schaumburg.com.