NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Secretary (Fire Department) with an online application deadline of 10/02/2022.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING PAY RATE: $20.98 – $23.53 per hour based on a 35-hour workweek. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $20.98 – $31.18. This position is represented by a union; you may refer to the AFSCME collective bargaining agreement available on our website.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position performs clerical work to include but not limited to typing, public relations, coordinating work activities and daily administrative activities. The position also utilizes technology to the greatest extent possible so that procedures and processes are maintained efficiently.
To succeed in this role, applicants will need to problem solve efficiently, organize time and resources effectively, prioritize tasks and responsibilities with accuracy, and concentrate efforts on the more important priorities. We are looking to add a team member capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects with thoroughness and accuracy.
1. Acts as an intermediary for supervisors, maintaining frequent contacts with public and private officials, contractors, and other officials; screens calls for supervisors, answers inquiries as appropriate.
2. Exercises discretion and judgment on administrative decisions; develops and implements procedures for expediting the flow of clerical work through the office. Prepares correspondence and other materials on a variety of general and technical topics of a not-confidential and confidential nature.
3. Prepares minutes at meetings and agendas for Safety Committee, Foreign Fire Insurance Board, and Public Safety.
4. Responsible for gathering statistics, creating reports for distribution to the Village Manager’s office.
5. Manages correspondence to all neighboring fire departments and MABAS including box cards and website.
6. Responsible for gathering, reviewing and updating daily, monthly, and annual inventory forms for apparatus, equipment, and fire stations. Orders and coordinates office supplies and passport supplies for five Fire Stations.
7. Schedules annual hazardous materials physicals for personnel, completes the requisitions, and required purchase orders. Executes and follows up on OSHA annual questionnaires including the requisitions and purchase orders.
8. Responsible for data entry, scheduling, and sending results for all fire housekeeping inspections. Handles all invoicing for failed fire inspections. Coordinates and schedules all home safety visits.
9. As Freedom of Information Act Coordinator, completes all FOIA requests and subpoena records requests.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
2. A minimum of one year of experience as a secretary in a public or private office.
3. Proficient with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or prior to completion of the trial period.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org