Entry Level Police Officers
Application Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2023 at 4:00PM
How to apply:
• Free applications available here or visit https://www.wilmette.com/police/recruitment
• Submit application and all required documentation by Friday, October 6, 2023, at 4:00PM
• You may complete the form electronically and e-mail a saved copy to email@example.com or print and mail, or deliver the form to:
Wilmette Police Department
Attn: Entry Level Police Officer Application
710 Ridge Road
Wilmette, IL 60091
For questions, please contact Management Assistant Emily Janowiak at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Compensation and Benefits:
The 2023 starting salary for entry level police officer is $86,085. The Village offers an excellent benefits package that includes Police Pension Fund, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and voluntary participation in a deferred compensation program (457 plan). Additional benefits include vacation days, holiday time, overtime, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, and employee assistance program. For more information, click on this link for Entry Level Information Packets or visit https://www.wilmette.com/police/recruitment.
Testing Information for Entry Level Only (In-person and Virtual testing options available):
Entry Level Applicants must attend one of the following testing sessions:
1) Sunday, October 15, 2023. In-person testing will take place at 9:00AM at Loyola Academy located at 1100 Laramie Avenue, Wilmette, IL 60091. Additional details to be released at a later time.
2) Virtual testing the week of October 16, 2023, during business hours. You will take the exam in your own home, and each test will be proctored virtually. Exact date and time for the virtual testing session will be released at a later time.
Entry Level Requirements:
• Citizen of the U.S. or legally authorized to work in the United States
• At least 21 and under 35 years of age
• At the time of filing the application, each entry level candidate shall have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university, or a candidate may be placed on the eligible register and ultimately hired by the Village, prior to receipt of a bachelor’s degree, when an internship for credits can be completed at the police academy and such internship is the only remaining credits needed to achieve and obtain a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position of a Police Officer
• Possess a valid POWER Card or be able to complete a job-related physical ability test during the hiring process
The Village of Wilmette is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to the Village’s success. The Village seeks to recruit the most talented individuals from a diverse candidate pool and strongly encourage applications to be submitted from all genders, all races, all sexual orientations, people with disabilities, and Military Veterans.
To apply for this job please visit www.wilmette.com.