The Village is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented and creative individual provide timely information to the public on Village programs, services, issues and policies through a variety of communication outlets and to seek out opportunities to enhance the Village’s community engagement initiatives. This position will help develop and foster a positive public perception of the Village by helping support efforts to promote Woodridge as attractive community in which to live, work, and play. This exempt-level position works under the general direction of the Assistant Village Administrator.
• Manage and execute the Village’s communication and community engagement plan.
• Coordinate and direct public and media relations efforts while emphasizing regular dissemination of Village news, projects, service updates and promotions/events. Work with Village departments to implement external and internal communications through a variety of communication mediums.
• Act as spokesperson for Village and coordinates closely with departments to support the Village’s emergency/crisis communications.
• Coordinate all social media efforts, create electronic and print newsletters and publish press releases to push communications to the community. Coordinate planning, technical research, design and operation of Village’s website.
• Provide significant support to citizen and community engagement efforts, including overseeing the Village’s Citizens Leadership Academy. Staff liaison to Villages Volunteer Cable Crew.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or a related field and three (3) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
• Experience responding to inquiries from the media, customers and senior management with information that is transparent and clear. Experience in emergency/crisis communications.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing. Ability to work independently and efficiently, establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and oversee various community engagement and community building initiatives.
• This role requires strong cultural competency skills and the ability to foster those values through the organization supported by a knowledge of current issues surrounding diversity, inclusion and equity initiatives inside and outside of the municipal organization.
• Ability to attend meetings and events outside of normal work days/hours, including weekends and evenings, and must hold a valid driver’s license.
Salary and Benefit Information
This is a full-time exempt-level position with an excellent benefit package, including health, dental and life insurance, IMRF pension, paid vacation time, holidays and sick days. The salary range for this position is $76,328-$110,532.
Applications may be obtained on the Village website: www.woodridgeil.gov. Please include a cover letter and resume. Submit application materials to Human Resources, 5 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517, fax to (630) 984-7278.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org