Wauconda, IL (14,125), a non-home rule community located in Lake County, Illinois, approximately 45 miles northwest of Chicago, is seeking highly professional, energetic candidates interested in serving as its next Village Administrator.
Wauconda (5.73 square miles) is a community of beautiful neighborhoods, with excellent schools, community services and recreational offerings. The outstanding quality of life in Wauconda is shaped by Bangs Lake, a 306-acre recreational amenity that offers a variety of recreational activities such as swimming, fishing, and boating. The Village is a full-service organization which provides Police, Public Works, Community Development, Financial and Administrative services. The Village Administrator reports to a Board consisting of a Mayor and six Trustees who are elected on a non-partisan basis for 4-year overlapping terms. The Wauconda Village Administrator is appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the Board of Trustees. The Village Administrator is responsible for the implementation of policy and the overall operations of a $25.1 million budget as well as management and leadership of 53 full time employees.
Qualified candidates will be expected to have:
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in a municipal organization as a manager/administrator or assistant.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field; preference will be given to candidates possessing a Master’s Degree in public administration, business administration, or related field.
- A leadership style with extensive knowledge of and practice in modern local government; ability to work closely with elected officials to continually enhance the quality of Village services in the community.
- A professional and engaging communication style applied equally and comfortably with residents, elected officials, the business community, and employees.
- A team-oriented management style that encourages opportunities for innovation while fostering accountability and consistent application of policy, practices, and procedures.
- A strong finance/budget background with the ability to find creative solutions in a fiscal environment guided by a fiscally responsible community approach.
- The successful candidate will also have a strong commitment to excellent customer service and be highly collaborative; have exceptional communications skills and a proven track record of achievement working in a municipal environment.
The Village of Wauconda offers a competitive benefits package. Residency is not required. Starting salary for the position is $145,000 +/- DOQ. Applications are to be submitted by July 5, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 professional references to www.GovHRUSA.com to the attention of Paul M. Harlow, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #225 Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240
Posted:June 3, 2021