Cemetery Director – City of Waukesha, Wisconsin (72,173). An award-winning, growing, and historic community located west of Milwaukee, Waukesha has experienced considerable residential, commercial and employment growth. Nationally recognized as one of the “100 Best Places to Live” in the U.S., Waukesha’s downtown includes a thriving arts district, a popular farmers’ market, and a river walk. The City seeks highly-focused and empathetic management professionals with well-honed interpersonal and customer service skills as candidates for its next Cemetery Director.
The Director provides overall strategic planning and marketing of the City’s historic, circa 1849, Prairie Home Cemetery. The Director oversees a broad range of services including marketing, operations, sales, burials and coordination with funeral directors and families. The ideal candidate is a strategic and collaborative thinker, ready to lead and be an integral part of the cemetery’s team charged with managing a 90-acre facility with 24,000 burials and at least one hundred years of growth potential.
The Director leads a department of six full-time employees and manages a $820,000 operating budget plus four trust funds of more than $2.5 million. The Director reports to the City Administrator and works closely with a City-appointed, volunteer Cemetery Commission.
Qualified candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration and/or cemetery management;
- At least seven years of progressively responsible positions in cemetery management, including experience in the maintenance, marketing, and supervision of cemetery grounds;
- Well-developed and effective customer service skills;
- An inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills; and
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills with a variety of stakeholders.
A starting salary range of $100,000 +/- DOQ, and an excellent benefit package, is offered.
Candidates should apply immediately (open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted:December 15, 2021
To apply for this job please visit govhrusa.applytojob.com.