- The City of West Chicago, as a full service, home rule community, is governed by a Mayor and 14 Alderman (7 wards). The Director of Finance is appointed and reports to the City Administrator. There are 117.5 FTE supporting the following Departments: Administration, Police, Community Development, Finance, and Public Works. The calendar year budget calls for expenditures of $48 million inclusive of planned capital and debt expense of $6.5 million. The General Fund is $20.9 million. Click here for more budget information.
- The Department offers the following services: accounting and financial reporting, budgeting and long-term financial planning, capital financing, cash management and investment of City funds, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, revenue collection including Metra Parking and Refuse/Yard waste.
- The Department with 7 employees (Director, Assistant Director, Administrative Assistant and four Account Clerks) will benefit from a team-oriented, supportive, and accessible mentor to ensure their efforts and professional growth. The department will benefit from new approaches and methods, and a focus on collaborative efforts to provide high-quality services to the community.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Master’s Degree, CPA or CGFO designation a plus.
- A minimum of seven years progressively responsible experience in municipal finance or closely related field, with at least two years of management experience.
- Strong organizational leadership, with excellent strategic management, problem solving and personnel skills.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing municipal financial management in Illinois, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- History of collaboration within and outside of the organization, intergovernmental cooperation and relationship building.
- A thorough understanding of Capital Project financing, enterprise funds/rates, and TIF funds; be willing to collaborate with other Department leaders to assist in their financial skills development.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, able to present complex technical information to any audience.
- A commitment to budget transparency and experience in implementing new technology that helps to achieve that goal.
- A polished professional with an excellent reputation and a demonstrated high level of honesty and integrity.