Under the direction of the Superintendent of Finance, the Human Resources Manager administers the human resource functions of the District including, but not limited to, employee onboarding, compensation, benefits administration, recruitment, training, employee relations, record maintenance, and assisting in the development of policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for payroll processing. This is an at-will position.
• Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Human Resources required.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration/coursework in Human Resources or related field required.
• PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with internal departments.
• Must be able to operate office equipment and have experience with Microsoft office programs.
• Paylocity and Adobe Acrobat Forms development and maintenance helpful.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; administers and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
• Participates in developing human resources goals, objectives, and systems. Recommends best practices and industry standards and trends to effect continual improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of department and services performed.
• Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary. Maintains and updates all job descriptions.
• Coordinates benefits administration to include open enrollment, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees. Benefits administered include, but are not limited to: health insurance, 457 plan, life insurance and a wellness program.
• Acts as the Wellness Ambassador for the District wellness program.
• Records annual W-2 employee health insurance benefit disclosure in payroll system.
• Assists in District recruitment effort; writes and places advertisements. Coordinates new hire process; oversees and coordinates new hire orientation program.
• Oversees background checks on all employees and volunteers.
• Administers unemployment claims processing & maintains orderly system of all claims; coordinates any required meetings and hearings.
• Coordinates all pre-employment physicals and drug screenings and ongoing physical evaluations, screenings and fittings.
• Evaluates District-wide and department specific training needs; develops and coordinates training program. Assigns and monitors district-wide training completion.
• Assists in employee relations, onboarding, counseling and exit interviewing.
• Manages community board in Paylocity, ensuring proper posting of announcements and review of all content.
• Administers and maintains the Paylocity modules, including Learning Management System, Onboarding, Workflows and Documents HR & Payroll and Time & Labor modules.
• Monitors external environment for changes in employment law and maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Performs Employee Injury and mandatory OSHA reporting.
• Maintains human resources records and archival storage following state and federal guidelines.
• Maintains independent contractor records.
• Oversees communication of personnel related information to employees in a timely manner.
• Always maintains confidentiality of human resources and payroll information and data.
• Monitors that Department of Labor posters are up-to-date and in compliance.
• Conducts periodic internal audits to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and proper record keeping.
• Performs all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Park District’s safety program.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Employee must attend management and board meetings, as needed and provide information and input to the management team, the Executive Director and Board of Commissioners.
• Employee will present annual salary outlook and projections based on the IPRA Salary Survey.
• Employee must perform all functions with close attention to customer service.
• Employee must work periodically on special projects, outside the context of human resources, as assigned by the Superintendent of Finance.
• Employee must perform all other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Finance.
Benefits we offer in exchange for your time and talent include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF)
• Short and Long-Term Disability (IMRF)
• Paid Life Insurance (IMRF)
• Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits
To Apply: To apply please complete a job application from our website: www.we-goparks.org/employment and email to HR@we-goparks.org along with your cover letter, resume and any letters of recommendation.
Employment Application can be found at our website:we-goparks.org / About / Employment or through: https://www.we-goparks.org/_files/ugd/cf7c5b_cbbae8f6872a43198fa0d1d61ddfdb74.pdf
Please apply early. Recruiting and interviewing will begin soon to fill this position as soon as possible. West Chicago Park District is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Park District, please visit us at we-goparks.org
To apply for this job please visit www.we-goparks.org.