Adewunmi Lewis, Facilitator, Certified Instructional Designer and Master Trainer, is a human resource management professional with over 30 years of professional experience in local government and the private sector. Her areas of expertise include learning strategy development curriculum development, leadership development, team performance coaching, business skills training, HR program development, and executive search.
Ade partners with clients to customize and align training programs to each organization’s strategic plan. Through an approach focused on gaining a clear understanding of the client
organization’s goals and training needs at different levels, Ade develops metrics and measures to evaluate the success of learning programs on organizational culture and operational effectiveness.
As a certified instructional designer and Master Trainer, Ade has designed and delivered a wide variety of interactive training programs in leadership, supervisory skills, customer service, coaching, change management, team building, performance management, and many others. One of the leadership programs she designed and implemented for a municipality in North Carolina won a national award for its structure, content, and replicability in other municipalities.
Ade’s professional experience includes working as Director for a talent management consulting firm, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources in Banking, Assistant Director for Organizational Development & Training for City government, Executive Director for a nonprofit Institute for Leadership and Human Resource Manager for a multinational manufacturing company.
Professional Education, Training and Instruction
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Sociology, University of Lagos, Nigeria
- Master of Science Degree, Human Resource Management: London School of Economics and Political Science University of London, England.
- Graduate, Municipal and County Administration (Local Government Leadership & Governance) Program, School of Government, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Advanced E-learning certificate, Association of Talent Development
- Certified Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Practitioner
- Certified Administrator/Coach Emotional Intelligence EQi2.0 & EQ360
- Certified Everything DiSC – Leadership & Management Assessments
- Certified Drexler/Sibbet Team Performance Model Practitioner
- Achieve Global Certification in Adult Learning Principles o Certified Achieve Global Facilitator – Leadership & Service Training
- Certified Master Trainer
- Certified Training Manager/Director
- Certified Instructional Designer/Developer
- Certified Diversity and Leadership Facilitator – Franklin Covey
Professional Development and Speaking Engagements
- Speaker on Creating Leadership Development Programs at All Levels, University of Houston Executive Leadership Symposium.
- Panel Member/Speaker on Balancing Work and Family – International City and County Management Association Annual Conference
- Speaker on Emotional Intelligence in Relationship Management – North Carolina Association for Technology Professionals
- Panel Member/Speaker Managing Different Generations in the Workplace NC City & County Management Association Conference
- Adjunct Instructor, Human Resource Management, Lone Star College, Houston Texas
Membership and Affiliations
- Association for Talent Development (ATD), Member
- Awards for Excellence Panel – International City/County Management Association (ICMA), Past Chairperson
- Human Resources Development Advisory Committee, Fayetteville Community College, Past Chairperson
- London School of Economics and Political Science Alumni Association – North America, Member
- Leadership Lake Houston Program, Past Participant
- Member, Woodlands Chamber of Commerce, Houston Texas
- Co-founder, Praises and Presentations, a faith-based organization dedicated to providing community events to seniors and leadership training to youths and young adults
Local Government Professional Background
10 Years of Local Government Experience
- Human Resource Specialist, City of Tallahassee Police Department, FL
- Senior Human Resource Specialist, Compensation & Classification, City of Baltimore. MD
- Senior Trainer, Baltimore County, MD
- HRD Assistant Director for organizational Development & Training, City of Fayetteville, NC
- Head of Learning and Development, Houston Airport System – City of Houston, TX
- Executive Director, Institute for Community Leadership (City of Fayetteville) Fayetteville, NC
21 Years of Private Sector Experience
- Assistant Vice President for Human Resources – Banking
- Human Resource Manager – Manufacturing
- Director, Career Resource Center – Consulting