Beth Sagett-Flores, Ed.D., has over 39 years of experience in education, which includes 21 years in executive leadership roles. In addition, she has 22 years of experience in presenting throughout the U.S. on issues regarding student growth and teacher and professional appraisal systems.
Following 17 years of teaching in the Chicago Public Schools, she became Assistant Principal, Principal, of Alcott College Prep Elementary School from 1998-1999. In 1999, she became Principal of Solomon Elementary School, Chicago District 299, and then Principal of Lincolnwood Elementary School in Evanston/Skokie District 65, from 2002-2009.
In 2009, Dr. Sagett-Flores, Ed.D., became the Director of Human Resources for the Evanston/Skokie District 65. During her time she designed and established all District-wide recruitment and hiring protocols, negotiated for teacher and 5 other collective bargaining unit contracts, facilitated the Senate Bill 7 – PERA (Performance Evaluation Review Act), implemented teacher appraisal systems, and provided analysis on District budget planning and reduction in force protocols.
In 2013, she became the Superintendent of Golf School District 67, in Morton Grove, IL. During this time, she has earned the Illinois School of Advanced Leadership Fellow, is a National Blue Ribbon Award recipient, she is one of fourteen superintendents in the nation to attend the Future Ready Summit in Washington D.C. with the U.S. Secretary of Education, she developed a multi-year instructional technology plan for her District, oversaw an $8 million construction project, initiated and formed the Board Community Engagement Committee with a focus on enhancing partnerships with stakeholders, and is a leader in implementing STEM and new ELA curriculum.
Over the course of her career, Dr. Sagett-Flores, Ed.D.has developed in-depth professional expertise in the following skill areas: Labor Relations/Negotiations, Performance Evaluation Implementations, Personnel Management, BudgetaryFiscal Management, and Strategic Planning.
- 1975 Bachelor of Science, Elementary/Special Education, Northern Illinois University
- 1983 Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Loyola University
- 2004 Doctor of Education, Educational Leadership, Illinois State University
- Urban Superintendents Association of America
- Educational League of Illinois
- Illinois Association of School Administrators
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- Illinois Association of School Personnel Administrators
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Fellow, Illinois Superintendent Preparation Academy, 2010
- “Tying Student Growth to Teacher Evaluation”, American Association of School Personnel Administrators Journal – 2011
- “Relationships Between the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports Approach and School Climate”, Dissertation – 2004
- Administrative Type 75 K-12, Endorsement in School Superintendent Director of Special Ed.
- Elementary Type 03, Special Education Type 10, Early Childhood Type 4
Professional Work Experience
- 1980-1997 Teacher at Chicago Public Schools
- 1997-1998 Instructional Coordinator, Alcott Elementary School, Chicago, IL
- 1998-1999 Assistant Principal, Alcott Elementary School, Chicago, IL
- 1999-2002 Principal, Solomon Elementary School, Chicago District 299
- 2002-2009 Principal, Lincolnwood Elementary School, Evanston/Skokie District 65
- 2009-2013 Director of Human Resources, Evanston/Skokie School District 65
- 2013-Present Superintendent, Golf School District 67, Morton Grove, IL
348 total views, 6 views today