David De Angelis is a Senior Vice-President with GovHR USA, working on both executive search, general management consulting assignments as well as interim administrator roles. He has more than 30 years of experience in local government administration and leadership.
David has experience as both a full-time elected mayor for the City of Muskego for nine years as well as Village Manager for Elm Grove for almost 21 years. In both communities he was an innovator for process change and further professionalization of the organizations while creating positive workplace collaborative improvements and collegial work environments. This was done both in the high growth 1990’s and the fiscally challenging 2000’s until today.
David has also done multiple organizational evaluations for his communities over the years including upsizing and rightsizing operations, both of which were done with an attention to existing staffing and fiscal sustainability. David has had a direct hand in guiding human resources functions for both the City of Muskego and the Village of Elm Grove including the recruitment of all executive positions and
Since joining GovHR in August of 2023 David has been involved in or conducted ten (10) recruitments across multiple disciplines including administrators, community development directors, Highway Commissioner, Criminal Justice Reform, Public Works Directors and a treasurer. Mr. De Angelis has proven himself to be a regional leader in intergovernmental cooperation working across all lines of government. He was a founding member of the Waukesha County Cooperation Council, Community liaison for the regional sewage district (Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District), Chairmen of the Act 150 County Library Committee as well as being part of multiple regional studies through the Southeastern Regional Planning Commission and State of Wisconsin study committees.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, Cardinal Stritch University
- Certified Public Administrator, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Credentialed Manager, ICMA (non-active)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND
- Guest lecturer University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee, MPA program
- Presentations to GFOA WI on Tax Incremental Law Changes
- Presentations to Wisconsin City/County Managers Associations on Law changes, management styles and local government cooperation
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Board of Directors-Past President Wisconsin City/County Management Association
- Board of Directors-Past President of the Milwaukee Area Municipal Employers Association
- Board of Directors- President (18 years) of League of Wisconsin Municipalities Mutual Insurance
- Board of Directors – League of Wisconsin Municipalities
- Board of Directors- Waukesha County Economic Development Corporation
- American Planning Association Legislator of the Year Award 2002 Life
- Lifesaving Award, City of Muskego
- James R. Ryan Lifetime Achievement Award, Wisconsin Public Policy Forum
30 Years of Experience in Local Government
- Village Manager, Elm Grove, WI 2002-2023
- Mayor, City of Muskego, WI 1993-2002