Jaymes Vettraino is a Vice President with GovHR USA, and provides municipal management consulting services to communities. His focus is on assisting with employee recruitment, classification/compensation, financial planning, operational management, human resources, community relations and economic development.
Prior to starting his consulting service, Jaymes spent 17 years as a City Manager, most recently as the City Manager of Rochester, MI. In Rochester, he had the opportunity to lead a dynamic management team to simultaneously reduce expenses and increase the level of community service during years of the “great recession.” During his time as the Manager of Kutztown, PA, Jaymes had the opportunity to lead the college town in the development of its own fiber optic network and improve its relations with Kutztown University. Jaymes also had the chance to be the first Manager of Pen Argyl, PA, where he led the community in creating a city manager form of government and implemented many grant funded quality of life improvement initiatives and projects.
Jaymes believes that great local communities are the foundation of our lives. Through his facilitative style and technical knowledge of local government, he excels at problem solving and consensus building.
Professional Education, Training and Instruction, Memberships and Affiliations, Awards and Local Government Professional Background
- Master of Business Administration degree in Management, Lehigh University
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Michigan State University, MI
Training and Instruction
- Director of the Center for Social Entrepreneurship and Assistant Professor, Rochester College
- Adjunct Professor at Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- Former Adjunct Professor at Alvernia College, Reading, PA
Memberships and Affiliations
- International City and County Managers Association
- Michigan Local Government Management Association
- Leadership Oakland County
- Pennsylvania Association of Municipal Managers
- American Public Power Association
- Pennsylvania Electric Association
- Selected as one of “Oakland County’s Elite 40 under 40” (2015)
- Outstanding Service Award from Michigan Municipal League (2013)
Local Government Professional Background
- Director of the Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Rochester College, MI 2015-Present
- City Manager, Rochester, MI 2008-2015
- Town Manager, Kutztown, PA 2003-2008
- Manager of Pen Argyl, PA 1998-2003