John Prejzner is a Senior Vice President with GovHR USA with over 15 years of experience in local government management. He has extensive experience in executive leadership, award winning public budgeting, collective bargaining, and software management and implementation. He has managed substantial capital and operating budgets, implemented process improvements, and engaged in multiple human resources initiatives.
John Prejzner has over 10 years of experience in local government management in Illinois, including the Village of Wilmette and the Village of Lincolnwood, and several years in the City of Westminster, Colorado.
John is a native of Park Ridge, Illinois and a graduate of Maine South High School. He possesses a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois.
GovHR clients can expect John to be engaging, , strategic, thoughtful, and resourceful in his approach. His vast experience in working with all municipal departments and successful track record in project management will be a tremendous asset to clients. John is dedicated to building relationships and providing high quality results.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND INSTRUCTION
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.), Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
- Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Society for Human Resource Management
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Colorado City/County Management Association (CCCMA)
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- Government Finance Officers Association
- National Public Employer Labor Relations
- Society for Human Resources Management
15 Years of Experience in Local Government
- City of Westminster, Colorado
- Policy and Budget Manager 2022-2023
- Policy and Budget Coordinator 2020-2021
- Village of Wilmette, Illinois
- Assistant Director of Administrative Services 2017-2020
- Assistant to the Village Manager 2011-2016
- Village of Lincolnwood, Illinois
- Management Analyst 2010-2011
- Administrative Intern 2008-2010