Michael A Jaillet is a Vice President for GovHR USA. Mr. Jaillet has extensive experience in local governance, operations, staffing, and management domestically and internationally.
Mr. Jaillet has over 36 years of local government management experience working in four municipalities in the Boston metropolitan area. He spent most of his career in Westwood Massachusetts, an affluent suburban community where he served as the Town Administrator for 32 years. Over his tenure he had a range of accomplishments including continuous expansion and updating of services, hiring key executive staff, facility management, and maintenance, expanding affordable housing opportunities, fostering economic development, enhancing fiscal stability, and promoting transparent and ethical governance. Mr. Jaillet also served as Bellingham Massachusetts’ first Administrator for two years, a manager and consultant to the City of Boston Assessing Department over five years, and Planning Analyst for Clinton Massachusetts for one year.
Mr. Jaillet has extensive international experience and interest. After graduating from college, Mr. Jaillet started his career as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Tougan Sous-Prefecture in Burkina Faso, West Africa where he was a Rural Development Planner and Grantsman for two years. Mr. Jaillet has continued his interest in international development as a member, chair and vice-chair of the International City/County Management Association’s (ICMA) International Committee for 20 years. Examples of Mr. Jaillet’s International work includes leader of the Advance Team Montenegro Resource City Program, Economic Development Expert volunteer for the Engine ICMA Program in Kyela Tanzania, CLAIR Fellowship Exchange Delegate representing the ICMA in Japan, Massachusetts Municipal Association Exchange Delegate in Pakistan, Rotary International District 7910 Delegate in KwaZulu Natal South Africa, presenter on Citizen Participation in Sweden and Slovakia, on Economic Development in Jamaica, and on Ethics in Mexico.
Mr. Jaillet earned a Master of Arts Degree in Economics and a Master of Science in Urban Affairs and Policy Analysis from Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville, Illinois where he served as a Research Assistant (2) and Marketing Analyst and was awarded the Leo Cohen Award in Urban Management. He earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Southeastern Massachusetts University in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. Mr. Jaillet taught a graduate course in Administrative Strategies for Local Government at the Sawyer School of Management at Suffolk University in Boston and courses in Economics at Framingham State College, Blackburn College in Carlinville, and Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville, where he was nominated for the Teaching Excellence Award.
Professional Education, Training and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Economics from Southern Illinois University
- Master of Science in Urban Affairs and Policy Analysis from Southern Illinois University
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Southeastern Massachusetts University
Professional Development and Speaking Engagements
- Administrative Strategies for Local Government, Suffolk University, Boston, MA (Instructor)
- Economics, Framingham State College, (Instructor)
- Economics, Blackburn College, Carlinville (Instructor)
- Economics, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL (Instructor/Analyst)
Memberships and Affiliations
- International City/County Management Association
- Massachusetts Municipal Management Association
- Massachusetts Municipal Association
Local Government Professional Background
Over 35 years of local government experience
- Town Administrator, Westwood, MA 1987 – 2019
- Town Administrator, Bellingham, MA 1985 – 1987
- Manager and Consultant, City of Boston Assessing Department, Boston, MA 1983 – 1988
1,152 total views, 2 views today