Mysi Hall, MPA, PHR is the Communications and Human Resources Manager of GovHR USA. She joined in 2013 and has served a key role in internal human resources policies and procedures, benefits administration, risk management, payroll processing, interim staff placement and on-boarding, development of social media outreach, utilization of web-based tools, website maintenance, administrative assistance, event management, research and reporting.
Through her government and non-profit administration career, Mysi has acquired varied experience in coordination of public efforts, public policy, marketing, grant writing, fundraising, event planning, research, program evaluation and community development. She has extensive technical skills and knowledge in web based programs, database administration, html, desktop publishing, and reporting.
Mysi received her Bachelor’s in Psychology with double minors in Urban Studies and Management from Wittenberg University (2003) and Master’s in Public Administration (2005) from Northern Illinois University. As a graduate student, she served as an Administrative Intern for the Evanston City Management Office and as the Finance Graduate Intern for the City of Aurora, Illinois. Mysi is currently studying the Juris Doctorate program at Chicago-Kent Law School with a concentration in Employment and Labor Law.
After graduating from NIU, Mysi accepted a position with the Village of Huntley as a Management Assistant, where she worked in Public Information, Planning and Transportation, Project Management, and Special Events. After leaving the Village of Huntley in early 2007, Mysi served as a Development Associate for Family Alliance, Inc., a non-profit day center for seniors. From 2008-2011, Mysi served as the Continuing Medical Education Manager for the AADEP, a non-profit professional association for disability evaluating physicians. In 2011, Mysi co-founded CitySquare Solutions, a public administration and technology consulting services firm. Additionally, Mysi achieved Professional Human Resources (PHR) Certification in April 2017.
Mysi is currently President for the Legacy Project, an organization dedicated to the advancement of women in local government.
Professional Education, Training and Instruction
- Juris Doctorate Candidate, Chicago-Kent College of Law, IL (Expected Graduation, May 2024)
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Northern Illinois University, IL
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology with double minor in Urban Studies and Management, Wittenberg University, OH
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) Certification, Cornell University
Professional Development and Speaking Engagements
- Succession Planning, Panelist – IAMMA, 2017
- Recruiting in the Digital Age, HR Association of Oakbrook, 2017
- Girl Power: Empowering Women in Leadership, Panelist – IAPD, 2019
Membership and Affiliation
- Legacy Project, Past-President (2022-2023)
- Legacy Project, President (2021-2022)
- Legacy Project, President-Elect (2020-2021)
- Legacy Project, Board Member (2018-2021)
- Legacy Project, Communications Committee (2015-Present), Committee Chair (2018-2020)
- Illinois Search and Staffing Association, Member
- SHRM, Member
- Former, IAMMA Member
- Former, ILCMA Member
Local Government Professional Background
Experience in local government and non-profit administration
- Public Admin and Technology Consultant, Founder CitySquare Solutions, 2011-2016
- Education Manager, American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians 2008-2010
- Development Associate, Family Alliance, Inc, Senior Services Center, 2007-2008
- Management Assistant, Village of Huntley, IL 2006-2007
- Graduate Finance Intern, City of Aurora, IL 2004-2005
- Manager’s Office Intern, City of Evanston, IL 2003-2004
- Manager’s Office Intern, City of Springfield, OH 2000-2003