Position: Maintenance Worker (Level II)
Definition: Under the immediate supervision of the Section supervisor; performs work of routine difficulty in manual labor involving physically demanding unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks. This position is represented by the AFSCME union.
Shift: Four (4) ten (10) hour days per week
Location: 299 Canterbury Lane, Bolingbrook, Illinois, 60440
Assignment: Forestry Section
Examples of Duties:
• Cuts grass
• Litter removal.
• Removes plants and trims trees.
• Sprays herbicides and pesticides.
• Maintains fencing.
• Performs excavations with manual and motorized equipment.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Highschool graduate or equivalent.
• Possess a valid Illinois CDL license or have the ability to obtain one within three (3) months of hire.
• Available to respond to emergency call outs and/or snow removal duties 24-hours.
• Capable of performing heavy physical labor.
• Competence in the knowledge of standard tools, supplies and materials common in manual labor tasks.
• Some knowledge of tool uses in maintenance and construction.
• Knowledge of safety procedures with mechanized equipment.
• Possession of equivalent job-related work experience and/or training.
• Reside within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook (as determined by the Public Works Department), or within a municipality, any portion of which is located within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook, within six (6) months of the date the probationary period ends.
For more information, contact: